The American Academy of Periodontology estimates that nearly 85% of Americans have some form of gum disease and approximately 50% of cases are considered moderate to severe. It is our responsibility to recognize and treat this infectious disease and to educate patients with this disease that it also effects other areas of their body. Periodontal disease, can result in heart disease, stroke, pre-term and low-birthweight babies, pregnancy gingivitis, stomach ulcers, diabetes, brain abscesses, prosthetic joint failure and subacute bacterial endocarditis. Call today to avoid these potential future threats to your health by checking for and curing periodontal disease!
How Extractions are Done
Step 1 of 3: Remove Pathogens (3-5 visits)
- We begin by irrigating the entire mouth with and antimicrobial rinse to reduce the initial exposure of microforms into the blood stream.
- We then treat the periodontal pockets as needed with gross debridement, root plane and scaling and subgingivial irrigation in order to eliminate the offending microforms and calculus.
- Using the phase contrast microscope, we check progress.
- We end with full-mouth irrigation, microbial rinse and polish.
- We recommend holistic antibiotics, including garlic extract (allicin) and oil of oregano.
Step 2 of 3: Nutrition & Lifestyle Regimen
- Get back to food basics
- Eat natural, fresh, whole foods
- Eat fruits and vegetables with a low glycemic index
- Increase intake of good fats—olive oil, cod liver oil, raw organic butter, almonds, avocados.
- Drink lots of reverse-osmosis purified water.
- Nutritional Supplements
- Coenzyme Q-10
- Vitamin C
- Oil of Oregano
Step 3 of 3: Lifetime Maintenance Care
It is ESSENTIAL that your continue with a maintenance program that we will design especially for your needs. This will include:
- Regular hygiene check-ups, every 3-4 months.
- Home care instructions
- Healthy diet